Wednesday 10 November 2010

Park Life

Hello dear readers.
The dark evenings rule out post-work estuarine meanderings, so I had to content myself with my daily lunchtime stroll to Mafeo Sutton Park in Nanaimo.
It was a bit more birdy today than it has been in recent weeks. A number of surf scoter and bufflehead were bobbing around on the water as were a couple of horned grebes, Barrow's goldeneye and a single common goldeneye.
In the parky areas, were lots of dark-eyed juncos, a couple of song sparrows and a golden-crowned kinglet.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jon,
    Seems I mis-quoted Tennyson in your posting,short-lived Shorty shocker. The actual quote is "Nature red in tooth and claw",but I like my version better.
    Cheers,Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph - I did spot your slightly misquoting Lord Tennyson, but thought it would be rude to point it out.
    At least you've now modernised the phrase, and who knows the Hocken version may go on to be just as widely used...
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete