Wednesday 18 May 2011

When The Red, Red Robin etc...

Not much to report today...
I went down to Government House early this morning, but given the 'nice' weather - calm, clear skies overnight and same this morning - it was obviously not a day for grounded migrants.
Nonetheless, I had a root about and confirmed my thoughts. Other than the resident breeders etc al, it was dead. One thing warmed my cockles however; a doe with a very, very young fawn. It was all a bit Bambi...

Working from home all day, with the windows open, the robins were making their presence felt with their continual singing. Given their mega-rare status back home (yes, I once twitched one) I thought I'd put a pic up that I took through my living room window, just for the folks in dear old Blighty.   

Yesterday evening, Jenny and I had a stroll sown to the waterfront and en route, we saw a male western tanager. It was flying around at the western end of the Ross Bay Cemetery. Nice to get a year-tick so casually!

No comments:

Post a Comment